Did you know that today is National Cookie Exchange Day? We wanted to give you a taste of our Italian heritage with a simple and delicious biscotti recipe.
The Brothers' Biscotti
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup white sugar
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (you can substitute anise, lemon or almond extracts)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder, then add into the wet mixture and stir until the dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll into logs. Place the logs onto the cookie sheet and press until they are approximately 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- When they are cool enough to handle, slice each log crosswise into slices about 1/2" wide).
- Place the slices (cut side up) back onto the baking sheet and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes (flipping once) or until they are golden brown.
We like these as is, but you can get creative and add nuts or dark chocolate & dried cranberries to the batter or drizzle with chocolate and sprinkles after the second bake. Enjoy!