Is sleeping in makeup really that bad? YES! It's not the end of the world once in a while, however consistently skipping this step can cause damage over time causing the break down of collagen & elastin. Makeup traps free radicals against your skin during the day, clinging to makeup which if left on, prevents skin from repairing overnight. When you sleep, growth hormone stimulates cell renewal which triggers the skins natural turnover process. So leaving makeup on your skin at night traps dead skin cells, preventing them from sloughing away. All of this can lead to dull skin, clogged pores, inflammation and breakouts. Ouch!
Nardo's recommends a double cleanse as follows:
1. Break down makeup with Luminous Lavender Oil
2. Cleanse with detoxifying Charcoal & Green Tea Cleanser
3. Return skin to it's natural Ph with Witchhazel and Lavender Toner
4. Apply Anti-Wrinkle Night Serum, or Fourever Youth Anti-Aging Serum
5. Apply Lavanilla or Bergamot Moisturizer
6. Apply Evening Primerose Eye Serum
Sleep well friends!