If you’re looking to up your makeup game in 2020 a bold lip should definitely be on your must-try list. But before you end up looking like a burger-loving clown, try out our tips to make the most of your pout.
- Exfoliate: Just like your skin, lip exfoliation is essential. Wipe your lips with a damp washcloth or an exfoliator made for lips. The process removes the dry, flaky skin on the lips surface while making them soft and smooth.
- Prime: Much like the way an eye shadow or face primer helps to ensure your makeup stay on all-day, a lip primer will do the same for your lip color. No more smudges or dry lips.
- Line Those Lips: A lip liner does more than enhance your pout, it helps to keep your lipstick in check. You can even use the liner to add a little more oomph to your lips (no surgery required). Check out our line of lip pencils infused with sunflower and coconut oils and Vitamin E.
- Choosing a Color: One of the toughest decisions when going bold is choosing the right shade of lipstick. It will vary, among other things, on your skin tone and preference. Our collection of Natural Lipsticks and Lip Glosses offer a variety of shades to match you and your personality!
- Blot and Reapply: The secret to getting the look just right is to apply the color in layers. Lightly apply the first touch of color and blot. If you’re looking for a more dramatic look, add an additional layer, building the color until you’ve achieved your desired pout.