If “Winter Hair, Don’t Care” has become your motto, this is for you. We tend to think of the hotter, summer months as being stressful on your hair and while that may be true, your hair can take a beating in the winter, too. Dry air, static, heat, hat hair (ugh) are just some of the ways your tresses can stress you out.
But, we have a few ideas that can help you tame your mane!
- Snip, snip! Keeping up with a trim or haircut can help to keep split ends at bay as well as keep you from just putting it up. This is especially helpful if you’re working from home a lot and the messy bun has become your ‘do of the day.
- While an argan oil regimen may not be for everybody or hair type, we can’t deny the fact that it does moisturize. We use it in two ways. First, we love to massage a few drops into our dry hair and let it absorb for a few hours (or even overnight) before continuing with our normal wash and conditioning. Second, we love to add 1-2 drops onto our ends before blow-drying or using a straightener. It helps to keep our ends smooth.
- Speaking of hot tools, giving your hair a break from heat styling can be super beneficial in the winter months. We don’t recommend going out with a wet head but we think switching up your routine with a braid or twist are great alternatives.
- Consider cutting back on shampooing. Your hair could use the break, but if you’re really in need of a little help, spritz some dry shampoo in between washes.
- If static is your problem, keep flyaways at bay with some leave-in conditioner. You can also go the old school route and run a dryer sheet over your hair—we’re serious, this works in a pinch. And you’ll smell like fresh laundry!